Tuesday 28 May 2013

Jeremy_hammond-anonymous

Another Anonymous hacker has surrendered to the long arm of justice. Jeremy Hammond, 28, a political activist and hacker, pleaded guilty to a conspiracy charge for breaching the servers of the U.S. private intelligence firm Stratfor and passing its internal files to Wikileaks


Hammond's decision was announced on his defense and support website "Free Jeremy Hammond." On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty in a New York City federal court to one violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA). He could be sentenced to a maximum prison term of 10 years


"I believe in the power of the truth," Hammond wrote in a statement published on his website. "In keeping with that, I do not want to hide what I did or to shy away from my actions. This non-cooperating plea agreement frees me to tell the world what I did and why, without exposing any tactics or information to the government and without jeopardizing the lives and well-being of other activists on and offline." Read more...


More about Anonymous, Hackers, Us World, Us, and World

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

ads 3

Popular Posts

ads 4

ads 5